Do you want to get better at selling? Then, these tips are for you:
1. Keep it simple. The years I spent doing internet marketing has taught me one thing; the simplest techniques are always the most effective. Don’t over-complicate the selling process by using tools, techniques, or elements that were not yet proven and are new in the online arena. Instead, stick to those ones that were proven to work overtime.
2. Improve your writing skills. You have a great shot at making it big in the field of selling if you know how to create powerful sales letters, compelling articles, and enticing ads. Developing great writing skills is relatively easy now as there are so many resources available online. You can also take advantage of relevant seminars and trainings. In addition, you can read as many powerful marketing messages on the internet and figure out how they were written.
3. Marketing messages. It’s very important that your marketing messages are easy to understand and direct to the point. If you think that being mysterious and getting your prospects to spend hours trying to figure out what you are selling will work, think again! Your target market must be able to easily determine the products that you sell and the benefits that they can offer the moment they see your ads.
4. Offer something for free. As a marketer, you must be willing to give away something for free to capture the attention of your target market. If you are just like me who’s selling information products like coaching programs and seminars, you can give away ebooks, audio products, and ecourses. You can also host free teleseminars.
5. Listen to your prospects. If you do all the talking, you’ll lose your prospects. Each time you meet up with your potential buyers, allow them to have the spotlight as much as possible. You can start the conversation by asking about their problems or their struggles. People simply love talking about themselves so let them. Take note of all the subtle cues that they are giving out that you can use when presenting your products and services.
6. Empathize. If you are talking about the problems of your prospects, make sure that you empathize to make these people feel that you do understand where they are coming from. This is important so you can build rapport with them and later on, win their trust.
By the way, do you want to add a coaching program to your business? If so, download my brand new free training here: coaching program training
Sean Mize is the author of Anyone Can Coach, the definitive guide to starting your own coaching program fast.